Designer Timeline for 2016
- Sunday, September 11: Designer Applications DUE
- Friday, September 16: Selected Designers notified and announced (Woo hoo!)
- Wednesday, September 21, 6:30 – 8 PM: Designer Welcome Party! (Location TBA in Raleigh)
- Week of October 2 – October 9: Designer Check-In Meeting at the Activate Good offices (1053 E. Whitaker Mill Road, Suite 115, Raleigh NC 27604)
- By this time, you should have had: Successful Contact with Nonprofit Partner
- Your Designer Crowdfunding Page should be Up and Running
- Week of October 23 – October 30: Designer check in meeting
- Mood board due for hair and makeup artists
- Saturday, November 5: Show Day!!!
- Hair and make-up for models
- Event Day Photo Shoot with models and photographers
- Practice run-through
Designer Rules & Conditions
- All funds raised benefit Activate Good: Designer understands that all funds raised on their crowdfunding site and at Couture for a Cause benefit Activate Good, a 501c3 tax-exempt public charity. Designer understands that funds are NOT distributed to the participating Nonprofit Partners to which they are matched, but instead support Activate Good and its programs which provide services to these and other nonprofit partners around the Triangle.
- Design concepts must be original and entire outfits: All designs must be original ideas, must be of appropriate taste levels, and an entire look; not just a top, or a bottom, or outerwear.
- Nonprofit partner pairing: Activate Good strives to pair applying designers with the charity partner of their preference from the list of participating charity partners, however, based on designers’ preferences, it is not guaranteed that the designer will be matched with one of their top choices.
- Communication with Nonprofit Partner: Designers must speak with a representative from their matched charity partner to learn more about the organization to help guide their work, preferably during an in-person meeting.
- Design Changes: Major design changes must be approved by the Couture for a Cause team one month prior to the event. Couture for a Cause/Activate Good reserves the right to request that changes be made to garments deemed inappropriate.
- Media release: Designers agree to permit Activate Good to take photographs/video of designer and designer’s garments for publication and display by Activate Good before, during, and after Couture for a Cause and for any promotional needs in future years.
- Judging & Prizes: Looks will be judged by a panel of local fashion experts, and will be scored on creativity, construction quality, and embodiment of the cause. The same designer may not win and receive a prize in both couture & ready-to-wear categories. By submitting this application, the designer acknowledges that s/he has read the above and agrees with the conditions of and will adhere to the timeline for Activate Good’s 2016 Couture for a Cause.