- What does it mean to be a Nonprofit Partner?
- Who is eligible to be a Nonprofit Partner?
- How can my organization become a Nonprofit Partner?
- What are Terms of Service for and expectations of Nonprofit Partners?
- Who are Activate Good's current Nonprofit Partners?
1. What does it mean to be a Nonprofit Partner?
Being an Activate Good Nonprofit Partner means that Activate Good has agreed to promote and recruit volunteers for your volunteer needs. To this end, Activate Good Nonprofit Partners receive the following benefits:
- Inclusion in our volunteer outreach service. Through our volunteer outreach service, Activate Good will help your organization define its volunteer needs, then conduct targeted public outreach to identify and recruit volunteers who can fulfill these volunteer needs through our community networks and special events.
- A profile page for your organization in the Activate Good online community. Nonprofit Partners are able to create their own profile page and post their volunteer needs using our special volunteer opportunity format designed to capture all information prospective volunteers might need to get involved. Partners' volunteer needs will be highlighted on their profile pages as well as throughout the rest of the online community. Partners will also be able to upload media and photos, post updates, reach out to the local online community, and track volunteer hours and impact.
- Promotion in Activate Good materials and media. Nonprofit Partners and their efforts are frequently highlighted in our newsletters, on our social media, and in our blog.
- Priority access to Activate Good outreach events and other special events. Nonprofit partners are invited to participate in Activate Good outreach events to personally connect with potential volunteers from local companies and other groups. Additionally, Nonprofit Partners receive the first invitations to pair with local fashion designers to participate in Couture for a Cause, our annual fall fashion fundraiser to raise funds for Activate Good's programs.
2. Who is eligible to be a Nonprofit Partner?
Organizations are eligible to be Nonprofit Partners if they:
- Operate primarily in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), North Carolina or immediately surrounding areas.
- Are 501c3 tax exempt public charities.
- Have volunteer needs.
- Serve a strictly charitable purpose. Activate Good will not recruit or connect volunteers to work with private individuals, to take part in political campaigns, to work on behalf of for-profit entities, or to work in any religious organization for the purposes of proselytizing (All work performed for religious organizations must be to provide a community need (i.e. providing food, clothing, tutoring, etc.)).
- Are willing to uphold our expectations of nonprofit partners, including but not limited to maintaining regular communication with Activate Good to keep volunteer needs, volunteer impacts, and other vital information up to date. Please see "Expectations of Nonprofit Partners" below for more information.
3. How can my organization become a Nonprofit Partner?
To become a Nonprofit Partner, a nonprofit administrator must first create an individual user account. Then, the administrator will be able to complete a Nonprofit Partner application and designate him or herself as the organization contact.
Administrators are asked to review Activate Good's Nonprofit Partner Expectations and Terms of Service prior to submitting your application to become a Nonprofit Partner. When you agree to adhere to the Expectations and Terms of Service, you are agreeing on behalf of the Nonprofit and all other staff member(s) who may work through Activate Good and its services.
Once you submit your Nonprofit Partner application, our Volunteer Coordinator will review your organization's information. If our Volunteer Coordinator has additional questions before your organization can be approved, you may be contacted.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Rose Thompson, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
4. What are Terms of Service for and expectations of Nonprofit Partners?
Terms of Service
Nonprofit Partners, as users of our volunteer community at activategood.org, must abide by all Terms of Service for the volunteer community and use of activategood.org.
Specifically, all nonprofits or public agencies using activategood.org agree that any personal information provided by users (prospective volunteers, confirmed volunteers, or any other users) on activategood.org is shared with the nonprofit for the purpose of the volunteer opportunity for which the user is registering. Nonprofit Partners must NEVER sell, share or use this information in any manner not consistent with the intended purpose of allowing contact between the volunteer and the nonprofit.
Nonprofits must not use activategood.org or its online volunteer community to solicit cash donations from volunteers.
Activate Good has the right, at its sole discretion, to amend its partnership eligibility criteria and/or bar certain organizations or agencies from participation at any time for any purpose. Violation of this criteria or Terms of Service by users (volunteers or nonprofits) will result in a termination of that user's account and partnership with Activate Good.
We ask that Nonprofit Partners help us to help them by:
- Doing your best to ensure positive volunteer experiences with those we recruit for you. Consistent negative feedback from volunteers we send to you may result in no longer receiving our services.
- Maintaining timely communication with us.
- Keeping volunteer needs and organization information (such as changes to contact information, location, etc.) up to date. Only Nonprofit Partners with accurate/up to date volunteer information will be invited to participate in Activate Good outreach events. This is to ensure that volunteers and potential volunteers have access to all of the correct information they need in order to decide to volunteer their time and skills to your organization.
- Helping us measure our service to your organization by confirming volunteer hours and impacts completed by volunteers we recruit for and connect to your organization.
- Providing feedback by completing an occasional survey or evaluation to help us regularly improve our services to you.
- Posting links to your volunteer needs hosted on our website on social media and other sites.
- Telling others about us! We do not charge Nonprofit Partners any fee for our services, however, we hope that Nonprofit Partners will play a part in helping spread the word about our services. The farther our reach, the better able we are to serve your organization and other worthy causes. There are many ways to help us spread the word, such as:
- Following us on Facebook or provide a link to the Activate Good Facebook Fan page on your organization's Facebook page
- Following us on Twitter and Tweet about us
- Joining us on LinkedIn
- Subscribing to and sharing our Youtube videos
- Placing our logo or a link to Activate Good on your website
- Writing a blog post about us
- Including Activate Good as an option on your website when asking volunteers how they heard about your organization
5. Who are Activate Good's current Nonprofit Partners?
A list of our Nonprofit Partners and their volunteer needs can be seen here.
For other questions, please contact email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Activate Good has the right, at its sole discretion, to amend its partnership eligibility criteria and/or bar certain organizations or agencies from participation at any time for any purpose.