Congratulations on taking the first step toward saving more lives....now read on to see if fostering is really for you!!
Mar 25, 2016, 9am - Mar 24, 2018, 9am
Registrations for this shift close on Mar 24, 2017.
Fostering homeless cats and kittens is very rewarding, but it is difficult, takes time and commitment.
If you are selected as an approved foster care home Purr Partners will provide you with a mentor, supplies, and guidance. All the vet expenses and vaccines are covered by Purr Partners.
As a foster you are responsible for:
1. Providing a separate location from your own pets for the foster kitty to temporarily live in your home.
2. Cleaning, feeding, and providing medicine.
3. Accurately tracking medical records.
4. Ensuring vaccines are provided timely.
5. Spending quality time with the kitty as socialization is as important as feeding and keeping them clean.
6. Transport to vet appointments and adopt-a-thon events.
7. Provide pictures and written description for the website
8. Give up the foster kitty when the time comes for adoption.