Who? Marbles Camp Play Corps is a group of rising 7th graders -12th graders who love working with younger children, supporting learning through play, creating fun and who want to develop their leadership skills and gain work-related experience.
Jun 5, 2017, 8:30am - Sep 1, 2017, 4:30pm
Registrations for this shift close on Apr 3, 2017.
Camp Corps member duties will include:
- Engage in play with campers ages 3-10 years old
- Assist with activities and jump in to help before being asked
- Cheerfully help with all tasks such as setting up activities, cleaning up activities, assisting with operations and maintaining camp carts.
- Helping our campers make friends and enjoy their time at camp
- Assist Team Marbles with program and gallery support as needed
Marbles Camp Play Corps volunteers will receive coaching and mentoring opportunities from Team Marbles and will have the opportunity to attend exclusive social events during the summer.
When? June-August 2017
Marbles Camp Play Corps members commit to volunteering for a minimum of 4 weeks. Availability will be considered during the selection process, if the 4 week commitment is a challenge for you and you want to be here, please contact me.
- Morning shift is 8:30am-1pm
- Afternoon shift is 12:30-4:30pm
Middle school students may volunteer for a half day. High school students may volunteer for either a half day or a full day.
How to apply? The application process for Summer 2017 is now open, deadline to apply is April 3, 2017.
Step 1 Complete a Marbles Camp Play Corps application online
Applications must be completed by the STUDENT and applicants will be notified of acceptance via email by April 30, 2017.
Step 2 Submit a recommendation
In order to be considered we require one recommendation per applicant. Recommendation must be provided by an adult who knows the student well and is not a relative.
Recommendations are due by April 3, 2017.
Step 3 Attend a training session
Selected Marbles Camp Play Corps members must attend one training session in May. Sessions will take place on:
- Saturday, May 13, 1-4pm
- Saturday, May 20, 10am-1pm
Links to the application and recommendation can be found here: http://www.marbleskidsmuseum.org/marbles-camp-play-corps