The Triangle Corporate Volunteer Council is a network of businesses in the Triangle area dedicated to improving the community and aiding local causes through active employee volunteerism. Council members serve as strategic advisers to Activate Good in our efforts to help make the Triangle #1 in volunteerism in the nation (from 33rd in the nation in 2015). The council advances the role of volunteerism in corporate communities, improves members’ capacity to support and launch employee volunteer programs, and offers a platform for local businesses to lead dialogue while collaborating on tackling important community issues through volunteerism. Interested in learning more about corporate engagement? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council structure and benefits
Companies pay an annual membership fee of $250 which helps support Activate Good’s volunteer initiatives year-round. Council members are invited to network with and learn about corporate and employee volunteer initiatives from fellow members during Council meetings, held quarterly each year. Members also receive the following membership benefits:
- Recognition on Council materials and the Activate Good website
- Company representation for up to any 3 team members at each meeting. Upcoming Council meetings will occur on Monday, June 20 (must join by June 15 to attend), Monday, August 15, Monday, December 5, and February 2017 (date to be confirmed). Meeting attendance is encouraged, but not required.
- Access to member materials, templates and resources, such as Employee Volunteer Program survey and evaluation templates
- Discounts on other Activate Good services, such as custom team-building day of service planning services
- Early invitations to select service projects during annual community-wide Days of Service, such as the 9/11 Weekend of service, National Volunteer Week, and more