Activate Good’s Teen Ambassadors are a group of enthusiastic, civic minded teen leaders in service who help to develop and execute teen and family volunteer initiatives through Activate Good. These teens serve as ambassadors to Activate Good and catalysts for all youth in the region to make their mark on the Triangle. The Teen Ambassador program is part of Activate Good’s Activate Schools program.
Through our Activate Schools program, Activate Good aims to empower the next generation of young volunteers and community leaders and works with local high schools to integrate a Community Leadership & Service class into regular school programming.
Apply to become a 2015-2016 Activate Good Teen Ambassador
Click HERE and complete the online application by Friday, September 4, 2015.
Teen Ambassador Requirements, Activities and Goals
Throughout their tenure as Teen Ambassadors, teens will be expected to:
- Take steps to help make volunteerism a bigger part of their school
- Assess their school as an environment which promotes and enables student volunteerism
- Identify school leadership and champion improvements to the school’s culture of service, including but not limited to advocating for the adoption of the Community Leadership & Service curriculum
- Invite classrooms and clubs to participate in one or more of Activate Good’s annual Days of Service
- Rally peers and others in their network to volunteer
- Aim to inspire 100 new people to volunteer
- Work with Activate Good to plan the 2016 Teen Day(s) of Service, including developing a budget, outreach and fundraising plan, recruiting volunteers, and leading projects
- Reflect on and share insights on their service and leadership
- Complete a written reflection on their service and leadership experiences
- Share insights with others through writing, video, and / or social media
Teen Ambassadors who perform exceptionally may receive a college or job letter of recommendation from Activate Good’s Executive Director.
Teen Ambassador 2015-2016 Schedule
- September 4, 2015: Deadline for Teen Ambassador applications
- September 8, 2015: Selected Teen Ambassadors submit Parent / Guardian consent to Activate Good
- September 11, 2015: Teen Ambassadors rally networks to volunteer at the 9/11 Day of Service Evening Commemoration
- By End of September 2015: Teen Ambassadors complete School Service Assessment and provide recommendations for how to improve access to service opportunities for students at their school
- By End of October 2015: Teen Ambassadors champion the Community Leadership & Service curriculum to school leadership
- November 7, 2015: A select number of Teen Ambassadors will be recognized on the runway at Activate Good’s annual Couture for a Cause fundraiser fashion show
- November 21, 2015: Teen Ambassadors rally families and friends to volunteer during National Family Volunteer Day
- January 2016 – April 2016: Teen Ambassadors help plan and execute the 2016 Teen Day(s) of Service
- April 15-17, 2016: Teen Day(s) of Service
- By End of May 2016: Teen Ambassadors complete service portfolios and final reflections