→Volunteer sign ups for public Activate Raleigh projects are now open!
Activate Good is excited to partner with the Downtown Raleigh Alliance and the City of Raleigh to host Activate Raleigh, a volunteer initiative that will take place on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 to commemorate the 11th anniversary of 9/11. Businesses and the general public are invited to help out during a number of volunteer opportunities that day.
Since 2009, 9/11 has been recognized as a National Day of Service that aims to give citizens a way to pay tribute to the victims of 9/11 through good deeds and volunteerism.There are so many different opportunities to get involved and help the community. Activate Good believes that there are ways for anybody to get involved, no matter their skills, schedules, or interests.
Here are just a few examples of Activate Raleigh volunteer activities and the causes they will help:
- Prepare and load refurbished furniture for homes of neighbors in need with the Green Chair Project
- Paint and revitalize the facility of The Healing Place, which offers social support services for homeless substance abusers
- Brush up exhibits that inspire creative play at Marbles Kids Museum
- Beautify public spaces with City of Raleigh Parks and Recreation
- Clean up Crabtree Creek with the Neuse Riverkeeper Foundation
- Plant and harvest food in the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle community garden, and pack backpacks full of healthy food for kids with limited access to nutrition outside of school
- Help out virtually during as a career mentors for youth during online sessions with Futures for Kids
Sign ups are now open! View the project list and sign up for an open volunteer opportunity at Activate Raleigh HERE.