2022 is the 10-year anniversary of the Triangle Corporate Volunteer Council. To commemorate the occasion, Activate Good is revamping the CVC under a new name. Find out more about Triangle Businesses for Good HERE:
The Triangle Corporate Volunteer Council is a network of businesses dedicated to improving the community and aiding local causes through active employee volunteerism. Members are collaborative partners and leaders in the effort to boost volunteer engagement in the greater Triangle area by helping their employees get involved in volunteer service with hundreds of local causes.
Goals of the Triangle Corporate Volunteer Council:
- To rally local businesses to help make the Triangle #1 in volunteerism in the nation
- To advance the role of volunteerism in corporate communities
- To improve members’ capacity to support or launch their own volunteer programs
- To offer a platform for local businesses to lead a dialogue and collaborate on tackling community issues through volunteerism
- Company representation at quarterly network meetings (up to 3 representatives from each company)
- Access to member materials, templates, and resources via our group mailing list
- Discount on Management Fees* for custom days of service for team-building, client engagement, and more
- Early invitation to select projects during annual community-wide Days of Service
- Recognition as members on Corporate Volunteer Council on both the Activate Good website and printed Corporate Volunteer Council materials
- Other special events, as announced
- Members are invited to submit resources to share with the group and support each other in each member company’s efforts
*Please note that only Management Fees for custom events and set calendars are eligible for CVC discount; funds for supplies or other support-only fees and annual ad hoc contracts are not eligible. Please visit our FAQs for more details about the differences.
Interested in Joining the Triangle Corporate Volunteer Council?
Activate Good’s Corporate Volunteer Council (CVC) members may be companies in the Triangle of various sizes, including coworking spaces.* You can begin your membership at any time in a calendar year. Memberships are 12 months, and must be renewed annually.
Effective July 1, 2019:
- To help make this opportunity accessible, special discounted memberships are now available for companies with fewer than 10 full-time employees. Current members who fit this requirement may not receive a refund for their current membership, but may receive the discounted membership at their next renewal date.
- To help us track engagement and renewals efficiently, your membership start date will begin immediately on the day you pay for your initial year, and each renewal date will be the 1st of the month you joined. For example, you can begin your membership by submitting payment on July 15, and your renewal date will be July 1 of the following year. All current members will also be transitioned to this system.
Annual Membership Fees:
All Companies: $250
Companies with Fewer Than 10 Full-Time Employees**: $150
Important Notes & Policies:
- *Coworking spaces may join the CVC. These CVC memberships are only applicable for the member company’s employees; a coworking company’s CVC membership doesn’t carry over to its coworking members. Coworking companies may promote the CVC to their members for a single, limited-time discount to coworkers; discount limit is one per year per coworking company, and coworkers hoping to use the discount must not have been CVC members previously. Proof of coworking membership is required; coworker must not be part of a larger company or nonprofit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code and conditions.
- **Are you a business hoping for a discounted membership rate for having fewer than 10 full-time employees? If documentation is available online, or otherwise, we’d love to have that information. Please include a link in your payment online, or email the info to email@example.com.
- Renewal is annual; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t remember your renewal date, or require an invoice for renewal. Renewals can always be paid online.
- Written notice by email or other written method is always required to discontinue a membership and avoid further CVC renewal reminders. After notice is received, the change will be effective at the end of your current membership cycle, when you will be removed from the CVC email list for member resources and invitations to other benefits. If your membership is currently up for renewal, written notice of such discontinuation is still required.
- If you renew your membership, but your renewal payment is late and you’ve still been receiving CVC benefits/communications, your membership will be backdated. Memberships delinquent 6 months without written notice of discontinuation may be suspended from CVC communications and benefits until payment is received.