VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN PERSON
*Please note and adhere to each organization’s health and safety protocols if you choose to participate.*
Last updated: May 28, 2020
- Join the Activate Good team at the Food Bank in Raleigh for a Wednesday or Saturday shift. Sign up HERE.
- Join the Activate Good team at the Food Bank in Durham. Sign up HERE.
- Drop off donations of Art Supplies for the Art Intimacy SmART Summer Supply Drive to get items to kids in need this summer. Learn more here.
- The Durham Community Food Pantry needs volunteers to help in the food pantry to get meals to hungry neighbors. Learn more and sign up here.
- PAVE Southeast Raleigh school needs volunteers to help distribute BackPack Buddies Bags to families on Thursdays and/or Fridays, 11:00am-1:00pm from week of 4/13 through at least 5/15. Email Matthew Bate at email@example.com and provide your name, email, and phone number to coordinate.
- Individuals ages 18-60 are urgently needed: Fill in at the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina.
Participate in the Food Bank’s virtual food drive here.
- Meals on Wheels Durham: Drivers needed to take meals to homebound seniors. Pick your shift here.
- The Center for Volunteer Caregiving still needs volunteers who are willing to do grocery shopping and medication pick-up and delivery for homebound seniors. To help, complete the volunteer form here.
- Urban Ministries of Wake County can still take healthy volunteers to assist in their food pantry or providing meals for their Helen Wright Center. Learn more here.
- Food distribution volunteers for Wake County Public School System / Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina / Inter-Faith Food Shuttle – Sign up here.
- See all local volunteer opportunities on the Activate Good database HERE.
Remote Volunteer Opportunity Highlights
Additional Remote Volunteer Opportunities:
Nation-wide remote volunteer projects: Click here for a list from the Points of Light Global Network