Family Volunteer Day
The Take-Home Service Project Kit Edition!
Brought to you by Lenovo
Update November 16: WOW! This event is now full. Thank you everyone for your enthusiasm for families volunteering together!
Seeking other ways to get involved? Check out:
- Our Teens Change the World! Service Club
- Other youth-friendly volunteer opportunities
- Other holiday-themed volunteer needs
This year, our annual Family Volunteer Day will be in a new socially-distanced format – with pick-up-and-take-home DIY service project kits and other goodies for families with kids of all ages to enjoy!
Select from available Kit(s) on November 21, OR reserve your Kit(s) in advance online
Kids can start making an impact at almost any age! We have over a dozen types of Take-Home Service Project Kits with varying quantities of each available appropriate for a variety of ages. Kit types available until supplies last.
This event is now full.
Want to reserve your Kit(s) in advance? When you pre-register, you have the option to select the Kit(s) you wish to reserve with a non-refundable donation to Activate Good. The option to reserve kits in advance online is open until 9 PM on November 19.
Take-Home Service Project Kit Types include…
- Wreaths for a Family’s New Home (Ages 10+)
- Teacher Appreciation Portraits (Ages 5+)
- Cheer Boxes for Kids In Need (Ages 3+)
- Adoptable Pet Care Packs (Ages 10+)
- No Place Like Home String Art Kits (Ages 10+)
- Tiny Box of Kindness Kits (Ages 3+)
- SOLD OUT — Hygiene Baggies for People Experiencing Homelessness (Ages 5+)
- Decorated Holiday Message for Seniors (Ages 8+)
- Good in a Flash Student Study Kits (Ages 12+)
- Blank Greeting Card Sets for Pride for Parents (Ages 13+)
- Planting Kindness Pots (Ages 5+)
- Keep Homes Warm Baffle Kits (Ages 3+)
- Paintings of Hope for Nursing Homes (Ages 8+)
All kits also include a Family Volunteering and Kindness Reflection Guide that invites your family to have a discussion on what service and kindness to others means to you!
Help us spread the word about this event:
Download and share our flyer!
Saturday, November 21
10 AM – 4 PM
Loading Dock Raleigh
1053 E Whitaker Mill Road
Suite 115, Raleigh NC 27604
How To Participate
Take-Home Service Project kits will be available on a pay-what-you-can donation amount basis to help Activate Good cover the costs of materials and hosting the socially-distanced kit pick-up event. Kits may be reserved in advance online for a non-refundable flat donation per kit type.
- Pre-register for a free ticket to our Kit Pick-Up event. (required to participate)
- Browse available Service Project Kit(s) or pick up your reserved kits from Activate Good’s Raleigh offices on Saturday, November 21 between 10 and 4. Kits are available for a donation to Activate Good.
- Take your kit(s) home and follow the included instructions to complete kit items from the comfort of your living room together!
- Drop off your completed kit items at our participating charities to benefit the people (or animals!) they serve! Each kit benefits a different charity (or, in some cases, finished products stay with you at home or in your neighborhood!).
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities and campaigns.