#GivingTuesday is a worldwide charitable movement that takes place on December 3, 2013. It’s a day that celebrates and encourages activities that support nonprofit organizations; and while most people associate ‘giving’ with a monetary donation, we’d like to challenge you to donate your time, too!
What better way to kick off the holiday season than by giving back to your community?
Activate Good wants to challenge you to donate your personal time talents to help others in need in 2014. We’re kicking off this challenge on #GivingTuesday – December 3 – and accepting your pledges through December 31, 2013 (though you’re welcome to make your pledge before #GivingTuesday, too!).
Sound like a plan? Check out our #GivingTuesday Volunteer Pledge-A-Thon page:
How It Works
- Pledge your volunteer hours on our #GivingTuesday Volunteer Pledge-A-Thon page!
- You’ll be asked to log in or create an Activate Good account to count your pledge towards our goal. Once you’ve done this, you’ll see a link to search for volunteer opportunities so you can get started thinking about how you’d like to fulfill your pledge!
- You can pledge any time before New Year’s. The goal is to complete your pledged hours sometime in 2014. Consider it part of your New Year’s Resolution!
- Share the pledge page on social media and see how many friends you can inspire to get involved and pledge!
- Tweeting about our volunteer pledge drive? Don’t forget to tag @activategood and use hashtag #GivingTuesday.
Whether it means spending the equivalent of an hour, a day, or more time volunteering, every effort counts. So, grab a friend, family member, or colleague, and invite them to pledge to spend a little time in 2014 making a difference in our community.
Learn more about #GivingTuesday efforts across the country.