Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week
Volunteer and combat hunger and homelessness this season
Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week (November 15-22) is an annual program where people come together across the country to draw attention to and to address the problems of hunger and homelessness.
This year, hunger and homelessness are even more apparent in the Triangle due to the pandemic and its impacts felt in communities globally. Join Activate Good to volunteer between November 15 and 22 at one of several highlighted volunteer projects tackling hunger and homelessness in our community, including but not limited to:
- Conducting a supply drive and assembling Family Essentials Kits
- Adopting a volunteer shift at the Food Bank in Raleigh or Durham
- Bagging food items for Thanksgiving with TABLE in Carrboro
See all Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week projects here.
Raise Awareness on Social Media
Help raise awareness about hunger and homelessness around the world, across the USA, and here in the Triangle. Use our graphics and social media guide to post about these issues as well as encouraged others to volunteer between November 15 and 22.
Tag: @ActivateGood, #HHWeek, #HHWeekRDU
- Download Graphics about Hunger & Homelessness
- Post facts and volunteer needs for the week on social media (see our social media guide and suggests posts here)
- Submit a short video, photo, or a few sentences about your experience volunteering to combat hunger and homelessness. See instructions
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities and campaigns.