Terms of Service
Community Partners, as users of our volunteer community at activategood.org, must abide by all Terms of Service for the volunteer community and use of activategood.org.
Specifically, all nonprofits or public agencies using activategood.org agree that any personal information provided by users (prospective volunteers, confirmed volunteers, or any other users) on activategood.org is shared with the nonprofit for the purpose of the volunteer opportunity for which the user is registering. Partners must NEVER sell, share or use this information in any manner not consistent with the intended purpose of allowing contact between the volunteer and the nonprofit.
Partners must not use activategood.org or its online volunteer community to solicit cash donations from volunteers.
Activate Good has the right, at its sole discretion, to amend its partnership eligibility criteria and/or bar certain organizations or agencies from participation at any time for any purpose. Violation of this criteria or Terms of Service by users (volunteers or nonprofits) will result in a termination of that user’s account and partnership with Activate Good.
We ask that Nonprofit Partners help us to help them by:
- Record a quick video introducing your organization to volunteers visiting the Activate Good website using your phone or computer through our Gather Voices platform, here.
- Doing your best to ensure positive volunteer experiences with those we recruit for you. Consistent negative feedback from volunteers we send to you may result in no longer receiving our services.
- Maintaining timely communication with us.
- Keeping volunteer needs and organization information (such as changes to contact information, location, etc.) up to date. Only Nonprofit Partners with accurate/up to date volunteer information will be invited to participate in Activate Good outreach events. This is to ensure that volunteers and potential volunteers have access to all of the correct information they need in order to decide to volunteer their time and skills to your organization.
- Helping us measure our service to your organization by confirming volunteer hours and impacts completed by volunteers we recruit for and connect to your organization.
- Providing feedback by completing an occasional survey or evaluation to help us regularly improve our services to you.
- Posting links to your volunteer needs hosted on our website on social media and other sites.
- Telling others about us! We do not charge Nonprofit Partners any fee for our services, however, we hope that Nonprofit Partners will play a part in helping spread the word about our services. The farther our reach, the better able we are to serve your organization and other worthy causes. There are many ways to help us spread the word, such as:
- Following us on Facebook or provide a link to the Activate Good Facebook Fan page on your organization’s Facebook page
- Following us on Twitter and Tweet about us
- Joining us on LinkedIn
- Subscribing to and sharing our Youtube videos
- Placing our logo or a link to Activate Good on your website
- Writing a blog post about us
- Including Activate Good as an option on your website when asking volunteers how they heard about your organization