Community Partner Requirements and FAQ
We invite eligible 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 tax-exempt public organizations, public K-12 schools, and some local government entities to apply to become an Activate Good Community Partner to receive our free volunteer program support services. Other organizations may be approved for partnership on a case-by-case basis.
If your organization is interested in applying, please review our criteria and guidelines carefully below to ensure that your organization is a good fit and capable of meeting the expectations of partnership that volunteers visiting our site expect.
Authorized Community Partner administrators are asked to review Activate Good’s Community Partner Expectations and Terms of Service below prior to submitting your application to become a Community Partner. When you agree to adhere to the Terms of Service and Expectations, you are agreeing on behalf of the Organization and all other staff member(s) who may work through Activate Good and its services.
Disclaimer: Activate Good has the right, at its sole discretion, to amend its partnership eligibility criteria and/or bar certain organizations or agencies from participation at any time for any purpose. This includes an assessment of alignment with our mission, vision, and values and nondiscrimination policy.
Community Partners, as users of our volunteer community at activategood.org, must abide by all Terms of Service for the volunteer community and use of activategood.org.
Specifically, all nonprofits or public agencies using activategood.org agree that any personal information provided by users (prospective volunteers, confirmed volunteers, or any other users) on activategood.org is shared with the nonprofit for the purpose of the volunteer opportunity for which the user is registering. Partners must NEVER sell, share or use this information in any manner not consistent with the intended purpose of allowing contact between the volunteer and the Community Partner.
Community Partners must not use activategood.org or its online volunteer community to solicit cash donations from volunteers.
Activate Good has the right, at its sole discretion, to amend its partnership eligibility criteria and/or bar certain organizations or agencies from participation at any time for any purpose. This includes an assessment of alignment with our mission, vision, and values and nondiscrimination policy. Violation of this criteria or Terms of Service by users (volunteers or Community Partners) will result in a termination of that user’s account and partnership with Activate Good.
We ask that Community Partners help us to help them by:
- Doing your best to ensure positive volunteer experiences with those we recruit for you. Consistent negative feedback from volunteers we send to you may result in no longer receiving our services.
- Maintaining timely communication with us.
- Keeping volunteer needs and organization information (such as changes to contact information, location, etc.) up to date. Only Community Partners with accurate/up to date volunteer information will be invited to participate in Activate Good outreach events. This is to ensure that volunteers and potential volunteers have access to all of the correct information they need in order to decide to volunteer their time and skills to your organization.
- Helping us measure our service to your organization by confirming volunteer hours and impacts completed by volunteers we recruit for and connect to your organization.
- Providing feedback by completing an occasional survey or evaluation to help us regularly improve our services to you.
- Posting links to your volunteer needs hosted on our website on social media and other sites.
- Telling others about us! We do not charge Community Partners any fee for our services, however, we hope that Community Partners will play a part in helping spread the word about our services. The farther our reach, the better able we are to serve your organization and other worthy causes. There are many ways to help us spread the word, such as:
- Following us on Facebook or provide a link to the Activate Good Facebook Fan page on your organization’s Facebook page
- Following us on Twitter and Tweet about us
- Joining us on LinkedIn
- Subscribing to and sharing our Youtube videos
- Placing our logo or a link to Activate Good on your website
- Writing a blog post about us
- Including Activate Good as an option on your website when asking volunteers how they heard about your organization
Ready to Apply?
Being an Activate Good Community Partner means that Activate Good has agreed to promote and recruit volunteers for your volunteer needs. To this end, Activate Good Community Partners receive the following benefits:
- Inclusion in our volunteer outreach service. Through our volunteer outreach service, Activate Good will help your organization define its volunteer needs, then conduct targeted public outreach to identify and recruit volunteers who can fulfill these volunteer needs through our community networks and special events.
- A profile page for your organization in the Activate Good online community. Partners are able to access their own profile page and post their volunteer needs using our special volunteer opportunity format designed to capture all information prospective volunteers might need to get involved. Partners will also be able to upload media and photos, post updates, reach out to the local online community, and track volunteer hours and impact.
- Promotion in Activate Good materials and media. Partners and their efforts are frequently highlighted in our newsletters, on our social media, and in our blog.
- Priority access to Activate Good outreach events and other special events. Partners are invited to participate in Activate Good outreach events to personally connect with potential volunteers from local companies and other groups.
Organizations are eligible to be Community Partners if they:
- Align with our mission, vision, and values.
- Operate primarily in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), North Carolina or immediately surrounding areas of Wake, Durham, Orange, Johnston, and Chatham counties.
- Are 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 tax-exempt public organizations, public K-12 schools, or local government entities. Other organizations may be approved for partnership on a case-by-case basis.
- Have volunteer needs.
- Serve a strictly charitable purpose. Activate Good will not recruit or connect volunteers:
- to work with private individuals
- to take part in partisan political campaigns
- to work on behalf of for-profit entities
- or to work in any religious organization for the purposes of proselytizing (All work performed for religious organizations must be to provide a community need (i.e. providing food, clothing, tutoring, etc.)).
- Are willing to uphold our expectations of Partners, including but not limited to maintaining regular communication with Activate Good to keep volunteer needs, volunteer impacts, and other vital information up to date. Please see “Expectations of Community Partners” below for more information.
Nope! Upon approval, we will create an organizational profile for you and invite the volunteer contact provided in your application to take ownership. Then, the administrator will be able to update their own account and user settings, including adding other administrators.
Once you submit your Community Partner application, our Senior Programs Manager will review your organization’s information and reach out to schedule a required onboarding phone call or meeting. If there are additional questions before your organization can be approved, you may be contacted.
Activate Good can only promote volunteer opportunities; recruitment needs can be one-off, rolling, multi-day, long-term, or other frequency. Examples: Community Partners may post opportunities for staffing special events, hosting and managing donation drives, pro bono professional support, board recruitment, long-term committed support (e.g., tutors or caregivers), single day or recurring volunteer needs (e.g., monthly garden days or seasonal landscaping), and more. Activate Good cannot support solicitations for monetary donors.
We’ll know because hopefully you’ll be posting your needs on our site regularly! 🙂
Periodically, Activate Good will send out the Community Partner Application and Update form to ensure we have accurate and up-to-date information
It is the responsibility of the Community Partner to update the information and logo contained in their profile. It is also the Community Partner’s responsibility to alert Activate Good to any contact updates due to staff transitions, team expansions, etc. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all contact updates as soon as possible.
Our new volunteer platform (as of Feb. 2022) is in the process of developing Community Partner landing pages. We’re working on ways to make sure this list is publicly accessible!
For other questions, please contact email@example.com.
Follow and share
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities and campaigns.