Tutors meet one-on-one with a student every week to enhance the student’s academic skills and promote productive academic habits. Providing help with homework and assisting with test preparation, tutors encourage student to become independent learners.
Feb 14, 2017, 1am - Feb 14, 2018, 1am
Tutors will meet with a student at the student’s foster home or a local library on a weekly basis. Tutoring sessions are scheduled around the availability of the tutor and the student. Tutors will work to enhance the student’s academic skills and promote productive academic habits. Providing help with homework and assisting with test preparation will be the main tasks required. These tasks will be completed in a way that encourages the student to become an independent learner.
• Make a long term commitment, lasting at least one-semester, but hopefully longer
• Spend at least one hour of face to face contact every week with the student at a mutually determined location
• Attend an initial three-hour training session
• Attend optional group events, tutor support groups, and program recognition events
• Submit monthly time/activity reports and be willing to communicate regularly with program staff