What You'll Do:Community Partnerships, Inc (CPI) is actively recruiting for passionate people to join our Board of Directors. CPI provides direct services to people with developmental disabilities, brain injuries, and mental illnesses and/or substance use disorders.
Skill: Public Relations/Marketing
Must be 18 years or older
Details:The board will support the work of Community Partnerships, Inc. and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the agency’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnerships, and the appropriate involvement of the board is both critical and expected.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Leadership, governance, and oversight
• Attend all board meetings
• Being a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements Community Partnerships’ strategic plan
• As a board member, approving Community Partnerships’ annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
• Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Community Partnerships for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
• Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
• Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO.
• Assisting the CEO and Nominating Committee in recruiting board members.
• Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
• Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
• Acting as an ambassador for the organization.
• Ensuring the agency’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Community Partnerships serves.
Anticipated Volunteer Hours: 2-4 Hours/Month
Community Partnerships’ board members will serve terms of three (3) years each; provided that all such terms shall end in the month of July. For example, if a Director’s term would otherwise expire in August, such Director shall be entitled to remain in office and such term shall be extended until the following July. Except as set forth in Article VII, Section 2 of the agency’s by-laws, no board member shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms. The Board of Directors may assume a board member who has two (2) unexcused consecutive absences to have resigned. In addition, any board member may be asked to resign upon an affirmative note of two-thirds (2/3) of the other members exclusive of such board member.
We welcome all individuals who are passionate about CPI's mission. Based on the agency's current needs, we are also specifically seeking individuals with expertise or experience in the following areas:
--The service delivery system for people with disabilities and/or mental illnesses (i.e.: experience with entities such as Managed Care Organizations/LMEs, CDSA, the public school system, etc.)
--Commercial real estate
--The insurance industry
If you're a person with a disability and/or mental illness--or the family member of someone who is--we'd also love for you to join our Board of Directors!
Service on Community Partnerships’ board of directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
|May 4, 2018, 11:30am - Jun 3, 2019, 11:30am||Shift Filled!|