What You'll Do:Help us recover food from our routes! Accompany a Food Shuttle driver on a truck route to recover food. This food will then get distributed to several community partner agencies.
Appropriate for court-ordered service
Must be 18 years or older
Details:* Must be physically capable of climbing in and out of trucks which measure up to 2 feet off the ground.
* must be capable of lifting up to 40 pounds.
*Must have received a confirmation from a member of the Food Shuttle staff or have signed up via Food Shuttle site to be confirmed*
Thank you for signing up to be a Driver Assistant with the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle. Below are a few things to know while volunteering as a Driver Assistant:
1. All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes
2. Please dress for the weather. The temperature inside the warehouse is close to the temperature on the outside.
3. Please feel free to bring a refillable water bottle and a snack with you.
4. All volunteers must wear a name tag to enter the warehouse. (Name tags are provided by the Food Shuttle)
5. Our address is 1001 Blair Drive, Raleigh 27603
6. Please use the front door entrance and clock-in at the front desk.
We look forward to having you volunteer with us!
Parking Info:All Driver Assistants must arrive at the Vernon Melone Center - 1001 Blair Drive. Raleigh, NC 27603 at 7:45 am.
|Oct 10, 2018, 7:45am - May 10, 2020, 3pm||94||Sign Up!|