What You'll Do:The Community Platform Intern will help research and create an online community platform for International Focus members and ex-pats. Candidates will have strong research skills and a knowledge of how online communities work as well as creative ideas for implementation.
Must be 18 years or older
Details:DUTIES INCLUDES SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Research existing online communities and Triangle ex-pat community
- Interview members and ex-pats for desires and preferences
- Research and evaluate plugins and tools needed
- Help create prototype of community platform
- Assist with others activities as needed
NUMBER OF HOURS REQUIRED:
Flexible, 10-15 hours per week between 11:00am - 6:00pm.
INTERNSHIP IS NOT COMPENSATED.
- Strong research skills
- Great interest in the international community and related topics
- Web development and graphic design skills a plus
- Basic knowledge of plugins and web development tools
Orientation to goals and operation of IF by intern coordinator
Review of expectations and ongoing direct supervision with project director
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP AT IF
The focus of this position is to assist in creating a platform for people across the Triangle to interact Our interns play a critical part in helping facilitate our mission to promote mutual understanding between the people of NC and the international community through education, economic and cultural exchange programs, arts, and the celebration of achievements. Not only will you learn about our visitors and their countries, you will also learn about the abundant resources in the Research Triangle area. This internship allows you to network with people in the community as well as from abroad. In addition, you will develop important technical and communication skills. This is a great opportunity to build your resume.
Please send cover letter and resume attention to DeAnne Dotson, Volunteer and Intern Coordinator; DDotson@InternaionalFocusNC.org; 919-782-0552
|May 1 - Aug 31, 2020||2||Sign Up!|