What You'll Do:Overflowing Hands and Rocky Top Catering partnered together to distribute nutritious meals to kids & families when COVID-19 started. Volunteers distribute food on truck routes to 50+ sites in Wake County. After distributing more than 550,000 meals, your support is still needed to help feed kids!
Appropriate for group service projects
Appropriate for court-ordered service
Must be 16 years or older, or 12 years or older with parental supervision
Volunteer shifts are available 6 days a week. This is a great way to serve your local community, have lots of fun and stay safe. Click the volunteer button below to find a shift that works for your schedule. Sign-up is easy!
Part of the Event:
Details:Here are a few important things to know for your upcoming volunteer shift:
1) Please report to Rocky Top Catering (5000 Departure Drive Raleigh, NC 27616)
2) We recommend that you wear light colored clothes and comfortable shoes.
3) Bring a water bottle. It gets thirsty out there! Please apply suncreen or bring a jacket if needed!
4) Masks are required for all volunteers. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide one for you.
Volunteers are provided with gloves when distributing meals and produce. Gloves are available from each truck.
5) All meals and produce are delivered from Rocky Top Catering Trucks. Volunteers need to follow the Rocky Top Catering truck in a personal vehicle.
6) Volunteers less than 15 years of age should be accompanied by an adult. "Feeding Hungry Kids" is a safe way to serve with your children, family members and friends.
Any questions? Contact Chandler Ellis (919) 349-2945 at Overflowing Hands.
Rain Plan:Our team delivers meals to neighborhoods, mobile home parks, apartment complexes and schools ALWAYS, rain or shine. Our meals and produce are fresh (never frozen) so they have to be delivered on schedule. Please bring a rain jacket if it looks like rain is in the forecast.
Parking Info:When arriving at Rocky Top Catering (5000 Departure Drive, Raleigh NC 27616), please park along the street, then come down to the loading dock. The team will meet at 10:30am on the loading dock to review that day's route assignments and quickly review any specific details. Volunteers are paired with a Rocky Top Catering driver that has been delivering food for months, so volunteers always have someone to ask questions if anything comes up. The delivery trucks start pulling out about 10:40am.
|Dec 7, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||2||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|
|Dec 9, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||2||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|
|Dec 10, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||2||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|
|Dec 11, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||2||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|
|Dec 12, 2020 9:30am - 1pm||Shift Filled!|
|Dec 14, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||1||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|
|Dec 16, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||Shift Filled!|
|Dec 17, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||4||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|
|Dec 18, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||6||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|
|Dec 19, 2020 9am - 1pm||1||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|
|Dec 21, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||Shift Filled!|
|Dec 23, 2020 10:30am - 2:30pm||2||Sign Up! Adopt as a Group|