What You'll Do:Volunteers needed to help create music playlists for SankofaSongs Summer Institute.
Appropriate for group service projects
Must be 13 years or older
Details:SankofaSongs Summer Institute will take place July 22-24, virtually. This professional development event is dedicated to cultivating outstanding Africentric music education practices with K-12 music teachers.
We need Volunteers to help us create a three-hour-long playlist of songs to play during transitions at the Summer Institute. You can help by performing one or more of the following tasks:
Manager (1): Manage this Music Playlist Project | We would love it if the FIRST volunteer wants the Manager position!
1. Consolidate the song suggestions into a single list
2. Audit the songs to ensure they adhere to our requirements
3. Create the playlist(s) in Spotify or another service
4. Create slideshow(s) to accompany playlists
5. Hit play and pause during the Summer Institute
Contributors (unlimited): Suggest one or more Africentric songs that inspire you
The Summer Institute is dedicated to cultivating outstanding Africentric music education practices. Here are the requirements that all songs must meet:
1. All songs must be drawn from African, African American, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Latin or other Africentric music traditions.
2. All songs must carry a positive message AND focus on one or more of our nine themes: spirituality (not religion), community, resilience, realism, musicality & rhythm, humanism, orality, personal style and emotional vitality.
3. Lyrics must be in English or partly in English, with no crude language of any kind.
We will shout out all our Volunteers at the Summer Institute and would LOVE to have your song contributions and participation!
Your support will make a difference to the success of the event. Thank you!
See other opportunities with SankofaSongs here: https://activategood.org/nonprofit/692
No location specified.