What You'll Do:This position will assist our organization with preparing program proposals for incoming international professional exchanges as well as facilitating those programs.
Must be 21 years or older
Please provide 2 references with contact information.
Details:International Focus, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership organization based in Raleigh, N.C. with the mission is to promote mutual understanding between the people of North Carolina’s Triangle region and the international community through education, cultural exchange, arts, and the celebration of achievements.
International Focus, Inc. provides services to international visitors sponsored by the United States Department of State, other federal agencies, private organizations, and foreign governments. Through the International Festival of Raleigh, IF aims to support multiculturalism and diversity within the research triangle area through a wide range of activities.
UNPAID PROFESSIONAL INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM INTERNSHIP
Hours are approximately 9-15 hours per week, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (some projects may require flexible hours).
Role: (includes some or all of the following)
Assist in the successful implementation of in-person, virtual, or hybrid exchange programs.
• Research professional resources and current cultural events in Research Triangle area
• Contact local resources to arrange professional meetings for international participants
• Develop narratives and proposals for exchange programs
• Assist with write-ups for International Focus Newsletter
• Help design and plan for IF virtual and in-person socials and community events
• Assist with social media and database entry as needed
• Administrative supports
• Prepare local programs
• Created succession plan
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Computer skills
• Proficiency in social media usage: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
• Proficiency with Google suite and Microsoft outlook and office, cloud-based document, and online project tools
• Experience with various video conferencing platforms, including zoom, Microsoft teams
• Outstanding diplomatic manners
• Dependable, detail-oriented, and responsible
• Independent worker with a strong sense of initiative
• Able to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced setting (from basic to complex tasks)
• A good sense of humor is a plus!
• Minimum 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale (GPA appreciation is subject to change based on good academic standing)
• Junior, senior, or graduate student (college)
• Must be accepted/enrolled full-time in an accredited U.S. college or University
• Submission of Resume and Cover letter
• Submission of two references (name, contact and relationship to applicant)
• Signature of IF non-disclosure agreement (NDA), due to access to sensitive data and information to perform tasks
• Passionate about our vision/mission
• Hands-on work to develop professional skills
• Networking opportunities
• Provide biweekly check-ins
• Offer one-on-one mentorship
• Personalized letters of recommendation
• Free membership for a year
Important Note: We are looking for a candidate who effectively copes with changes, able to adapt quickly, shift comfortably, demonstrates ability to function in “unstructured” teleworking environment (due to current circumstances related to coronavirus environment.
Deadlines for application:
• Spring Semester – January to May: Priority deadline application: December 1
• Summer – June to August: Priority deadline application: April 1
• Fall Semester – September to December: Priority deadline: August 1
*Exact start and end date of internships are subject to change based on capacity and organizational needs.
Please send cover letter and resume attention to DeAnne Dotson.
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP AT IF
Our interns play a critical part in helping carry our mission. This internship allows intercultural experiences. Interns gain understanding of a non-profit environment; they learn about the abundant resources in the Research Triangle area. They network with people in the community as well as from abroad (virtually and in-person when we resume activities). Interns will also develop planning and coordinating skills and will learn important managerial and/or leadership attributes while they contribute to the organization development.
This is a great opportunity to build your resume.
Impact Statement:International Focus, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership organization based in Raleigh, N.C. with the mission is to promote mutual understanding between the people of North Carolina’s Triangle region and the international community.
No location specified.
|Aug 15, 2021, 1am - Dec 15, 2021, 11pm||1||Sign Up!|