Photos for Good: October 23, 2021
Professional photo sessions for you, your team, or family - while supporting Activate Good's mission, too!
About Photos for Good
Capture memories and milestones and mark a new year of hope and optimism by booking a professional photo session at our Photos for Good fundraiser on Saturday, October 23! Photos for Good is great for:
- Professional headshots
- Family or baby photos
- Engagement photos
- Graduation photos
- Posing-with-pets photos
- …and more!
Photo sessions are generously provided by a number of talented photographers (see them below!). Register below and choose your photo session length, time, and preferred photographer.
Navigate with our Quick Links
- Register for your Photo Session (choose your session length, appointment time, and photography type)
- Learn more about the Photographers
- Read about how it works and what you get with your photo session
- Check out our F.A.Q.
Register for your Photo Session
Register for a Photos for Good Session
Extras! Make a donation or grab merchandise (pick it up October 23!)
Meet the Photos for Good Photographers! (Coming Soon!)
How It Works / What Sessions Include
- Sessions last 20 minutes
- minimum $100 donation
- 1 wardrobe, 1 backdrop
- receive up to 4 digital images
At the time of your session, your photographer will capture images based on the type of photography you select.
Receiving Your Images
Your photographer will either allow you to select your final images on-site or send you a gallery within 2 weeks of the event. Each photographer will have options for purchasing additional digital and print images.
Sessions will take place at The Loading Dock, one of Raleigh’s premier coworking spaces, which offers a variety of backdrops. Weather permitting, the deck of The Loading Dock provides for beautiful natural lighting and some great options for outdoor portraits!
Please carefully review our cancellation and no-refund policy below. All proceeds from event registrations will go support Activate Good’s mission.
Due to limited space and appointment timing, it is very important to be on time for your appointment. Please contact us (day-of) immediately if there is any risk of you running behind so we can coordinate with photographers.
Your registration payment is a donation to Activate Good and we are not able to offer refunds.
Contact us if you have any questions: Lee@ActivateGood.org.
Per IRS donation rules, because registrants are receiving a service of value in exchange, only a donated amount above and beyond the market value of the service provided is considered tax-deductible.
To get the most of your session, we recommend planning for an outfit that can be modified with layers or quickly changed into and out of. There is a bathroom on-site for changes, but time is limited, so plan accordingly.
Avoid anything that might irritate your skin or eyes in the 24 hours prior to your session and plan any haircuts or trims so that they look their best when you arrive. Finally, make sure to get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of water! Being well-rested and hydrated plays an important role in skin and hair health and will go a long way to making sure you look and feel your best.
Top photo session tips from our photographers:
- Plan variety in your outfit for a good selection of “looks.”
- Think dark, light and colorful or formal, casual and fun.
- Keep it simple. If you’re preparing your hair or makeup before your session, plan for natural and simple. You won’t have much time to modify or touch up and a natural look goes with almost any setting. For outfits, plan for items that can be thrown on/off quickly like blazers, sweaters, scarves, etc.
- Communicate with your photographer. Let them know if there’s a particular look or feel you’d like to capture, if there are physical traits you want to accentuate or diminish, or what purpose you intend for your photos.
- Avoid headgear prior to your session. Hats, headbands and hardhats can leave impressions in your hair that won’t comb out. If you want headwear on during your session, bring it along and plan to don it towards the end.
- Props! Sometimes a great smile just doesn’t convey enough about our passions. A small prop like a laptop, camera, tool or even a bicycle can help communicate to your network what it is you do and how you enjoy spending your time.
Funds raised will support Activate Good’s programs, which mobilize thousands of community members each year to meet vital needs across several issue areas.
When one person volunteers, 4 lives, on average, are positively impacted. (Points of Light 2020) Here are just a few of the community impacts made possible by past and current supporters:
- Mobilizing over 500 volunteers helped distribute nearly 50,000 laptops and over 10,000 hotspots to kids learning remotely as a result of COVID-19.
- Mobilizing 100 volunteers to assemble an estimated 14,000 mask kits for distribution to vulnerable populations across Wake County.
- Training 18 volunteers to help 38 individuals experiencing homelessness file for stimulus or unemployment support.
- Recruiting over 5,000 volunteers to meet critical needs across the Triangle.
- …and more!
Read more about Activate Good’s impacts.
We care about our community, so this is IMPORTANT. For the health and safety of all, we ask that participants do not join us for this event if you:
- Are experiencing any symptoms or feel unwell
- Share space with someone who is ill
- Have recently traveled out of the country or to any COVID-19 hot spots
Have been exposed to any confirmed case of COVID-19
Additionally, we will be adhering to social distancing by placing photographer stations more than 6 feet apart or outside.
Participants, photographers, and volunteers are required to wear masks during the event, with the exception of the time participants are having their picture taken.
We will be sanitizing the event surface areas, and photographers will be careful to have a “touchless” photo shoot experience.
Please do not put yourself or anyone else at risk by coming to this event when sick. Anyone displaying signs of illness during this project will kindly be directed to return home and monitor their health.
Activate Good is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Accordingly, donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Our federal Tax ID is 20-3057526. Financial information about Activate Good and a copy of our license is available from the State of North Carolina’s Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-888-830-4989. The charitable solicitation license is not an endorsement by the State.
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities and campaigns.