Activate Good collects personal information when you: (1) register as a volunteer member through Activate Good, (2) become an Activate Good nonprofit partner, (3) participate in an event or project with Activate Good, (4) complete an interest form to request a presentation or to learn more about our Activate Schools initiative, (5) register for the Activate Good mailing list, or (6) request information from Activate Good and provide your name or return contact information. As part of the registration process, you may be asked to provide contact information and other personally identifying information. Providing some of the requested information is optional and Activate Good will indicate what information is required and what information is optional.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
1) Volunteer System Registration. If you are a volunteer member and you register for an Activate Good event or project or to volunteer with one of our registered partner nonprofits, we may share personally identifiable information, such as name and contact information, to the nonprofit partner for the volunteer opportunity you have signed up for in order to provide you with a positive volunteer experience. Activate Good will retain your information to support the volunteer experience. To the extent that Activate Good employees or leaders have access to your personally identifiable information, these entities will treat this information in a secure manner. If you are a volunteer, you are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the Activate Good nonprofit partners where you intend to participate, if those agencies may require additional personal information for your participation in an event. You should contact Activate Good nonprofit partners directly and review their privacy policies should you have questions concerning their use of your information such as, for example, communications you may or may not wish to receive.
2) Customer and Volunteer Support. Contact information provided by you in connection with problems, comments or requests is used only to respond to those problems, comments or requests and may be provided to Activate Good nonprofit partners or third parties as necessary to respond to the comment, problem or request.
3) Marketing/Special offers/Solicitation from Activate Good. Activate Good may use registration information to provide updates, and other business purposes related to making information available regarding Services. Activate Good also may use registration information to make you aware of organization news, volunteer projects or opportunities, or Activate Good events. Activate Good will abide by requests from you to discontinue such use. If you are a registered volunteer or mailing list user: (i) you will receive such information as described in this Section (3) only if you have opted to receive such information from Activate Good; (ii) you may opt out of receiving such information (if you have already opted in to receive it) by sending a request to opt out or by using the opt out feature of our mailing list system at your discretion. As a volunteer member, if you receive communications directly from an Activate Good nonprofit partner, you should contact the Activate Good nonprofit partner directly concerning such communications and review their privacy policies.
4) Providing Your Information to Third Parties for Marketing/Solicitation.
If you are an Activate Good volunteer member, (1) Activate Good does not sell your information to third parties for purposes of marketing or soliciting you; and (2) To the extent that Activate Good nonprofit partners (for example, participation in a nonprofit partner volunteer opportunity, project, or event) have access to your personally identifiable information as a result of your participation in an event (reference C (1) above, where you have provided your information to Activate Good nonprofit partner as part of a volunteer opportunity or event you may be involved in with such Activate Good agency), these entities may solicit or market to you in accordance with their policies. As a volunteer, you are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the Activate Good nonprofit partners that request your information. You should contact Activate Good nonprofit partners directly and review their privacy policies should you have questions concerning their use of your information such as, for example, communications you may or may not wish to receive.
5) Other Disclosures. Activate Good may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if Activate Good has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect and/or defend the rights and interests of Activate Good. Activate Good may, as permitted by applicable law, disclose your personally identifiable information to Activate Good nonprofit partners, other Activate Good users or third parties in connection with an investigation of fraud or other unlawful activity and you expressly authorize Activate Good to make such disclosures.
6) Merger or Acquisition. If Activate Good is merged or acquired by another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity as a part of the merger or acquisition.
REVIEW AND MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
If you are an Activate Good volunteer member, you may add, modify or update your personal information by accessing your member center settings from the Activate Good volunteer database page.
If you are a volunteer member, you may access, modify, remove, correct or update your personal information by contacting Activate Good. Activate Good may retain volunteer history in order to document a volunteer participation you may have had with an Activate Good nonprofit partner. You should contact the Activate Good nonprofit partner directly in order to access, modify or update your personal information with them.
E. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
As a part of the Services, Activate Good may provide links to web sites operated by third parties. Activate Good is not responsible for the information collection or privacy practices or the content of those third party sites.
Activate Good stores personally identifiable information obtained through registration securely and considers it part of the assets of its business. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, Activate Good has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online. However, data security is a constantly evolving science. You should consider any communication that you transmit to Activate Good (such as data, questions or answers, comments, or suggestions) as non-confidential, and agree that Activate Good will not be liable or responsible if information that belongs to you is intercepted and used by an unintended recipient.
Activate Good uses reasonable efforts not to collect, use or disclose individually identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Activate Good's volunteer database and matching services are not targeted at children. Activate Good nonprofit partners set and maintain their own policies on whether or not children may participate in their volunteer activities. Age requirements for volunteering for a particular opportunity vary between nonprofit partners, and nonprofit partners describe these age requirements in the volunteer opportunities submitted to the Activate Good volunteer opportunity database. For more information on our volunteer database and matching system Release and Waiver of Liability, view the Release and Waiver of Liability section below.
H. FURTHER INFORMATION
1053 E. Whitaker Mill Road, Suite 115
Raleigh, NC, 27604
Email: info@activategood. org
You may also use the above contact information if you think any information about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or if you want to change the sort of information about you that Activate Good may have collected.
Activate Good: Volunteer Database and Matching System: Release and Waiver of Liability
As previously stated, volunteer members registering for Activate Good's volunteer database and matching system are required to acknowledge they have read and they understand our Release and Waiver of Liability for services we provide. This Release and Waiver of Liability is available on the sign up page of our volunteer database and matching system. A copy of this Release and Waiver of Liability is also available below for reference:
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
[If you, the volunteer, are under the age of eighteen (18) years, a parent or guardian must print out this page, sign below this paragraph, and mail to: Activate Good, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Road, Suite 115, Raleigh, NC 27604. At this time, Activate Good cannot match any volunteer under the age of eighteen (18) years without such signed authorization by a parent or guardian.]
I, the volunteer, hereby execute this Release and Waiver of Liability in favor of Activate Good, INC., a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of North Carolina, and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, "Activate Good"). I desire to have Activate Good match me to volunteer work for Activate Goodâ€™s third-party member organizations (the â€œmatching processâ€) and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for a work project (the â€œvolunteer workâ€). I understand that the scope of the volunteerâ€™s relationship with Activate Good is limited to the matching process and that Activate Good bears no responsibility for the my relationship with any third-party member organizations to which I am matched. I further understand that third-party member organizations have full discretion in deciding whether to accept the my offer of volunteer work and that Activate Good has no authority, influence or control over that matter.
I, the volunteer, hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Release under the following terms:
WAIVER AND RELEASE: I, the volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Activate Good and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the matching process and/or the volunteer work. I, the volunteer understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Activate Good from any liability or claim that volunteer may have against Activate Good with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the matching process and/or the volunteer work. It is also understood that Activate Good does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
INSURANCE: I, the volunteer understand that I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Activate Good.
MEDICAL TREATMENT: I, the volunteer, hereby release and forever discharge Activate Good from any claim whatsoever that arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during the matching process or the volunteer work.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I, the volunteer, understand that the time with Activate Good and/or its third-party member organizations may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to, construction activities, loading and unloading of heavy equipment and materials, and local transportation to and from work sites. Also I, the volunteer recognize and understand that the time with Activate Good and/or its third-party member organizations may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. As the volunteer, I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release Activate Good from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the matching process and/or the volunteer work.
PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE: As the volunteer, I grant and convey unto Activate Good all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Activate Good during the matching process or volunteer work.
OTHER: As the volunteer I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release, which shall continue to be enforceable.
By clicking the box that I agree to comply with your volunteer policies, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability.