Inspired by Activate Good’s Leadership and Service curriculum currently offered in select local high schools, the Teen Leadership and Service Summer Program is a week-long, intensive program that will give teens the opportunity to develop leadership skills while learning about community issues. Throughout the week-long session, Teens will:
- Learn about a variety of community issues, such as poverty, hunger, and the environment
- Learn about the role volunteerism plays in making a difference in the community
- Tap into their personal leadership potential and explore their passion for social change
- Get hands-on experience designing their own project for social change and receive feedback and guidance from community leaders and professionals
- Participate in a community service project where they can see what they’ve learned in action
- Present their ideas for making a difference to community leaders, nonprofits, and peers at a showcase event
Age: High School aged teens (Rising Freshmen through Rising Seniors)
Cost: $300 / teen
Lunch and snacks will be provided to participants daily.
Both week-long sessions contain the same programming.
Interested? Let us know HERE to be the first to receive updates when registrations open!
Summer Session 1: June 18-22, 2018
Summer Session 2: July 23-27, 2018
Interested in sponsoring the Summer Program or providing a scholarship for a teen to enroll? Learn about opportunities here or contact Courtney Hamm at firstname.lastname@example.org.