Teens Change the World!
Learn more about Activate Good's teen leadership and service club and summer program
We believe people of ALL ages and backgrounds can change our community.
Activate Good’s Teens Change the World! Programs invite teens ages 13-18 from around the Triangle to volunteer for a variety of causes.
While our annual Teens Change the World! Summer Program is on hold due to COVID-19, we invite teens to join our year-round Service Club to start getting involved today!
Scroll down for the step-by-step instructions to join our Teens Change the World! Service Club:
About Activate Good
Connect on Social
Join the Teens Change the World! Service Club
Parent / Guardian: Complete our Participation Release and Waiver, which will be emailed to you upon completion of Steps 1 and 2.
You’re now on the list! You’ll receive an email with a list of upcoming teen service projects and initiatives from our Volunteer Program Manager every few weeks. Sign up for the ones you’re interested in! There is no minimum (or maximum) number of projects you can do – do what you can, on your schedule!
Questions? Contact Volunteer@ActivateGood.org.
Teens Change the World! Programs
Our Teens Change the World! Service Club is a year-round program inviting teens age 13-18 to participate in supervised group service projects.
During COVID-19, we are focusing on small group, socially-distanced in person service projects OR virtual / remote projects teens can participate in from home.
At this time, we lead 1-2 projects per month. Teens in the Service Club can participate in as many or as few projects as they like based on their availability.
A few past Service Club projects have included:
- Assembling hygiene kits for people experiencing homelessness
- Sorting clothing donations for kids in need
- Assembling literacy kits for educators
- Participating in a workshop about finding their perfect volunteer opportunity “fit”
- And more!
Special thanks to the UCB Community Health Fund for supporting our 2021 Teens Change the World! Program!
Note: Our Teens Change the World! Summer Program is on hold in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID-19.
Inspired by Activate Good’s Leadership and Service curriculum currently offered in select local schools, the Teens Change the World! Summer Program is a week-long service and leadership experience that gives teens the opportunity to volunteer, learn about a variety of local causes, hear from social impact experts, and even pitch their ideas for social impact.
Throughout the week-long session, Teens:
- Earn 15 service hours
- Learn about a variety of community issues, such as poverty, hunger, and the environment
- Participate in service projects where they can see what they’re learning in action
- Learn about the role volunteerism plays in making a difference in the community
- Tap into their personal leadership potential and explore their passion for social change
- Get hands-on experience designing their own project for social change and receive feedback and guidance from community leaders and professionals
- Pitch a service project idea for making a difference in the community during a showcase event!
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities and campaigns.