Triangle Businesses for Good + The Civic 50
Triangle Businesses for Good (TBG)
TBG members engage with Activate Good as part of a movement to create positive change. Through TBG, member businesses discuss social responsibility, inclusive and deep-impact employee volunteerism, and the business community’s role in creating both short and long-term impacts. Members have opportunities to network, serve together, and collaborate with Activate Good and each other to move the needle on local issues.
We structure programming and benefits based on member feedback. Being a part of TBG means you get:
- Membership roster access
- Exclusive LinkedIn Discussion Group
- Quarterly E-newsletter with CSR resources, volunteer engagement opportunities, and more
- FREE Business Account on Activate Good’s volunteer portal – curate opportunities for your team, collect data on impacts, and more
1 educational and/or networking event per quarter
No more stuffy professional membership and networking events. Triangle Businesses for Good events are engaging and informal, focusing on our collective impacts and humanity.
- Company Logo and Link on Activate Good website
- Social Media recognition as a TBG member
- Early Access to volunteer projects during Activate Good large-scale Days of Service
- Members-only service projects (Picture from Career Day 2022 below!)
The membership fee for Triangle Businesses for Good is $500 for a full year. Upon acceptance of your business application, an invoice will be sent to you for membership payment.
The Civic 50
The Civic 50 is an initiative of Points of Light, designed to celebrate the 50 most community-minded companies in the nation. Activate Good has partnered with Points of Light to apply the Civic 50 to the Triangle region to recognize those local businesses who are leading the way in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The Civic 50 Greater Triangle sets a standard for civic engagement and creates a roadmap for Triangle companies committed to driving social impact in their company and community.
The Civic 50 survey provides valuable benchmarking data to companies so they can better understand and grow their community impact. The Civic 50 Greater Triangle selects companies based on four dimensions of their community engagement program:
- INVESTMENT – How extensively and strategically the company applies its resources to community engagement, including employee time and skills, cash, in-kind giving, and leadership.
- INTEGRATION – How a company’s community engagement program supports business interests and integrates into business functions, or how it “does well by doing good.”
- INSTITUTIONALIZATION – How the company supports community engagement through its institutional policies, systems, and incentives.
- IMPACT – How a company measures the societal impact of its community engagement program
The Civic 50 Greater Triangle Survey will open on May 10, 2023 at the Triangle Businesses for Good Summit!
The Triangle is a great place to do businesses - let's do some good together!
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities and campaigns.