This April, adopt a virtual volunteer project and make a big impact for a nonprofit in the Triangle!
This Global Volunteer Month, we’re shining a light on dozens of ways you can make a big impact virtually.
This April, talented volunteers will aim to complete 65 virtual projects between April 1 and 30 -- helping 25 local causes doing critical work and saving time and resources, so they can focus on serving our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Interested in learning more before you pick a project? Register to join us at our Virtual Volunteer-A-Thon Kick Off Party at 12:00 PM on March 24!
Browse Virtual Volunteer projects by type:
Contact Rose Thompson: Rose@ActivateGood.org
- How do I sign up for a project I want? Browse projects by type above and click on the icon for the type you are interested in. On each project type page, you can view the list of projects of that type. Click on the project title in the list to expand the description. Review the project’s requirements before you sign up. Then, click the orange link at the bottom of that project’s description and sign up to adopt that project through the Activate Good volunteer sign up system.
- Who can volunteer? Individual volunteers or small teams (2-5 people) will adopt and commit to completing a virtual volunteer project from our Virtual Volunteer-A-Thon menu of projects during the month of April 2021. Some projects are appropriate for teens or families, too! Just check the details on the project pages linked above.
- What is the time commitment for volunteer projects? Projects may take anywhere from 15 minutes to 8 hours and may be completed anytime between April 1 and 30 on the volunteer’s schedule.
- What types of virtual volunteer projects will there be? Project categories include writing, leading a supply drive, recording a video, giving feedback on a nonprofit’s strategy, translating a document, research, amplifying a message on social media, graphic design, and more.
- Can we have a party to kick-off this awesome initiative?! YEAH! We’ll launch the Virtual Volunteer-A-Thon with a virtual kick-off at 12:00 PM on March 24 to build community and get excited for the service ahead!
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities and campaigns.