The Civic 50 Greater Triangle
The Civic 50 Greater Triangle survey opens May 10 and closes August 4, 2023.
The Civic 50 is an initiative of Points of Light, designed to celebrate the 50 most community-minded companies in the nation. Activate Good has partnered with Points of Light to be one of FIVE regions in the nation to adopt the Civic 50 on a local level. The Civic 50 Greater Triangle will recognize those local businesses who are leading the way in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The Civic 50 Greater Triangle sets a standard for civic engagement and creates a roadmap for Triangle companies committed to driving social impact in their company and community.
The Civic 50 survey provides valuable benchmarking data to companies so they can better understand and grow their community impact. The Civic 50 Greater Triangle selects companies based on four dimensions of their community engagement program:
- INVESTMENT – How extensively and strategically the company applies its resources to community engagement, including employee time and skills, cash, in-kind giving, and leadership.
- INTEGRATION – How a company’s community engagement program supports business interests and integrates into business functions, or how it “does well by doing good.”
- INSTITUTIONALIZATION – How the company supports community engagement through its institutional policies, systems, and incentives.
- IMPACT – How a company measures the societal impact of its community engagement program
Triangle Businesses for Good
Triangle Businesses for Good (TBG) members engage with Activate Good as part of a movement to create positive change.
TBG curates its programming to support businesses that want to complete the Civic 50 assessment.
Reasons to Participate
In addition to the announcement, honorees are provided with marketing assets and resources to promote their designation internally and externally.
Align & Scale Your Programs
The Civic 50 OC framework provides companies with a simple, yet effective tool for aligning and scaling their programs to drive greater community impact.
Peer Connections & Learning
Connect with and learn from other leading peer companies to share insights and best practices.
Scorecard Report & Benchmarking
Every company receives a free scorecard report with benchmarking data to help track annual improvement and communicate your impact story.
Storytelling & Inspiration
The framework and assessment tool help companies understand and authentically tell their impact story to inspire others to take action.
Using the common language and framework accelerates learning and helps advance the sector.
Customers Expect Brands to Act
- 64% of customers agree: “I believe brands can be a powerful force for change. I expect them to represent me and solve societal problems. My wallet is my vote.”
Employee Expectations Include Societal Change
- 73% of employees expect prospective employers to shape the future of society.
- 67% of employees expect a prospective employer to have a greater purpose and their job to have a meaningful societal impact.
2019 and 2020 Edelman Trust Barometer Reports
- 41% OF ALL ADULTS and 59% of GEN Z have made decisions on products based on a company’s social responsibility
- 18% OF ALL ADULTS and 41% of GEN Z have considered applying for or taking a job with a company specifically because they believe it is committed to being socially responsible
Points of Light: Engaging Americans in Civic Life (May 2020)
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities and campaigns.