Apply to Join Our Board of Directors
Help us get good done.
We’re seeking new leaders to join our board, dedicated to helping Activate Good grow, secure needed resources, and deepen our impact while ensuring long-term sustainability and a high quality of work. Read more about how the Application and Onboarding Process works below.
2021 Board Recruitment Video
Review Board Expectations and Requirements, then complete our Board Application by Friday, September 8, 2023:
For our 2023 board recruitment cycle, ideal Board candidates will have the following experience:
- Past experience on Nonprofit Boards, especially governing boards
- Nonprofit Board Governance
- Fundraising and Resource Development*
- Equity, Diversity, and/or Inclusion Training
- *All Board members are expected to support and participate in fundraising activities
The Board Application and Onboarding Process
- Read thoroughly about Board Expectations, Time Commitment, and Committee roles
- Complete your Board of Directors application (linked above) no later than Thursday, August 31, 2023.
- Participate in a Board Candidate Meet and Greet with Activate Good’s current Board and Staff (Save the Date: Monday, September 25, 2023; tentatively plan to arrive in Raleigh at 6:00pm. A confirmed location and time will be provided later.)
- Participate in Board Candidate Interview (Date, Time, Location/Format TBA)
- Learn your board application status in October.
- Selected candidates will be invited to a brief welcome event with current Board members and Staff at the annual retreat (Save the Date: December 2, 2023; tentative time is 4:30-5pm), start Board training in December and officially begin your Board term on January 1, 2024. Board meetings are typically the last Monday of each month in the evening.
About Activate Good
Figuring out how to help can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Activate Good invites people of all ages in our community to join us on a journey of learning, action, and community-building to become agents of positive change in the Triangle.
Our projects and programs provide individuals and groups, youth and families, and companies meaningful opportunities to take action to meet important local needs — from food insecurity, to homelessness, to education and more.
Activate Good is a 501c3 tax-exempt nonprofit based founded in 2005. We envision a world in which all people realize and act on their power to improve their communities.
Activate Good is currently evolving, in part due to the needs of the community that emerged resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. New Board Members will be a part of this evolution! Board Members joining for the term starting January 1, 2024 will be part of our journey to:
- Transition from our past “Working Board” culture to a “Governing Board” format that better matches our organization’s current structure and needs.
- Secure needed funds and resources to sustain and grow our programs and capacity.
- Grow our reach to impact thousands of Triangle residents!
Over the past ten years, we’ve tracked over 100,000 volunteer connections to hundreds of area causes, creating a value of over $7 Million in volunteer service to our community. You can learn more about Activate Good on our website – including Civic 50, eLOVEate Schools, Youth Volunteer Corps, Annual Days of Service, and more programming. Plus, we invite you to explore more about some of our key impacts on our Impacts Page.
Join our Newsletter
Stay up to date with Activate Good happenings.